Monday, May 12, 2014

FCCB Challenge #210-Celebrate Mom


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #210 Celebrate Mom

This Weeks Sponsor

$50.00 Giftcard to SVG Cuts


~This Weeks Challenge~

Celebrate Mom
Create a project that celebrates mom.

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

Here is my project-



This was made with a kit at svgcuts.com called Mother's Garden. I absolutely adore this kit! All the paper came from the DCVW stack French Country, except the brown which was a scrap. I used the Cricut Cartridge Picturesque to cut the pink Acanthus corners @ 1 1/4". The large pearls are from Michaels Recollection (thanks Emily!) and I used Cocoa Stickles on the butterfly. The stamped sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.

I watched several of the how-to videos on svgcuts.com before I started to cut. Everything you need to know is right there on video. Very clear, concise instructions made this so easy for a newbie like me! I had just bought SCAL2 on Etsy (a physical copy) a couple of weeks before we were notified of this challenge, but hadn't worked with it yet. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can! I am so going nuts with this wonderful sponsor! They have a ton of great "freebies" and the prices on other images are more than reasonable!

I'm entering this at Simon Says Die Cutting Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Michelle, I love the window scene and the pretty flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous! I love the vellum window and hanging vines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! I love the oval opening with the leaves going across in front of the window. And those flowers are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you used patterned papers in your dies; it's so unique that way! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete