Monday, December 5, 2016

Challenge #291-Christmas

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge! This is our last challenge for 2016, so be sure to check back with us in January after the holidays.

Merry Christmas!



Challenge #291 - Christmas-create a card or project for Christmas.

This Weeks Sponsor
digiplayground.com





There will be 3 winners of $7 gift certificates!

Create a project inspired by Mother's Day

And we are giving away a $25 Amazon gift certificate, courtesy of Penny Light! 

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!


Here is my project:


Here is a list of materials I used:
  1. Images: bone, dog (Create a Critter 2), cut with cardstock out of my scrap bin. Dog card cut at 6", dog on treat box cut at 3". Bone cut at 1 1/4".
  2. Large gift box from digiplayground.com.
  3. Paper for gift box: aspen cardstock (Michaels), green snow paper (Forever Friends Kraft Notes Christmas).
I chose an image that had a shadow feature so the card base wouldn't have layering cuts. I cut the card base in the color I wanted.  After assembling the card front, it's ready to be joined to the base. I score the base where I want my "hinge" to be, then put adhesive on the hinge and bend it backwards so it won't touch the card front. Next I line up the base and card front how I want, then fold the hinge up and tightly press to the front. Now the pieces are perfectly matched and the card is done!

Thanks for stopping by!
 

I'm also entering this at Dragonfly Journeys Christmas Animals Challenge.




3 comments:

  1. Such a super cute & fun set!! Awesome job! LOVe it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute gift set!! Love the cute puppy! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! Adorable little puppy and I just love the Santa hat on him too! Super sweet gift set. Thanks so much for joining my Christmas Critters blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete