Thursday, February 1, 2018

Lovely Peacock

Welcome to February! This month at Die Cut Diva's our theme is "Love", and the prize is from-




Here is my project-


Have you ever made a card for a challenge, and then realized that you forgot to use an element that is required? That's this card! At Die Cut Diva's the DT members need to remember to use a die cut and/or embossing someplace on the card. I totally forgot. But, I was able to salvage it by CAREFULLY removing the peacock and sentiment strip, and emboss the light blue shimmer cardstock with a zig-zag stitch. Reassembled everything and now made it acceptable for the challenge.
But isn't that layered Peacock beautiful? I made three different peacocks before I decided on this one. There is a matching die for this set, but it wasn't available at the store I was at so I fussy cut it. Here are the materials I used for this card-

  1. Stamp: Layered Peacock, sentiment  (Hero Arts). 
  2. Inks: Wild Honey, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean (Ranger Distress Oxide Ink), Blueprint Sketch (Ranger Distress Ink), Versamark ink, Zing black embossing powder. 
  3. Paper: patterned (Creative Memories), vellum, light blue shimmer (Co-ordinations).
  4. Embossing folder: zig-zag stitch (Cuttlebug).
Why not enter your love projects for a chance at a great prize? Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, perfect pairing of colors with the image and papers!

    ReplyDelete